American Airways Careers | Apply For Latest Jobs At American Airways
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- Fleet Service Agents perform the handling of items on and off aircraft, carts, containers, and trucks; transporting items between terminals and aircraft; receiving, delivering, weighing and documenting of cargo in a cargo specific facility (warehouse) or a loading dock area.
- The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the TWU/IAM Fleet Employee Association.
What you’ll do
- Pick-up and delivery as indicated: mail at mail facility, baggage in bag room; cargo at the cargo facility or staging areas.
- Arrival and departure activities of aircraft including cleaning aircraft windshield; pushing, towing and related guide person functions.
- Reads and fills out legibly, documents and forms necessary to the operational requirements of the airline. Includes ability to perform data entry.
- The cleaning and servicing of aircraft interiors, including cabin cockpit and lavatories; checking, handling, assembling, removing and installing passenger service cabin furnishings and supplies according to check list specifications.
- Transporting furnishings and supplies to and from aircraft interiors.
- External servicing of the aircraft including lavatory, potable water, external electricity, air start, and preconditioned air; includes checking all fluid levels.
- De-icing aircraft. May be required to work at heights while de-icing of aircraft
- The filling of fuel truck from storage tanks, driving fuel truck and servicing aircraft and ground equipment as required. May require monitoring and maintenance of aircraft fuel and oil tanks by taking stick readings and checking fuel truck meter.
- Operation and maintenance of fuel storage facilities including ordering and checking deliveries of fuel and oil. Assisting in loading, unloading and racking both filled and empty drums.
- May be required to operate a bus and/or forklift.
This position works outdoors in various weather conditions. Due to flight operations Fleet Service Agents work shifts that include irregular and/or extended hours, weekends and holidays.
Click to see what it’s like to be part of the Fleet team!
All you’ll need for success
- High school diploma or GED or international equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Lift, load, unload, and transport bags and cargo to/from aircraft’s, bag carts, and conveyor belts
- Must have knowledge of and ability to use basic computer skills
- People-oriented and highly motivated, with a positive and cooperative attitude
- Good communication skills
- Applicable valid driver’s license as required by local authorities
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive background check and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and security requirements
- Ability to obtain jet bridge certification
- Must have the ability to pass the US Postal Service background check
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.